What is Reiki?
Reiki is a non-invasive complementary treatment that assists the body’s own healing processes and patients’ coping strategies. It is a holistic therapy, meaning it treats the whole body – mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Reiki is proven safety treatment which uses a hands-off or light-touch technique.
It has been shown to be very beneficial with many ailments, including a number of common chronic diseases as well as terminal illness.
Although natural healing such as Reiki may be perceived as a new treatment because of its rising popularity, it is in fact thousands of years old and has been used in several ancient cultures. Hippocrates recognized healing energies and observed that the heat emanating from hands was beneficial. Natural healing is being increasingly accepted within mainstream health care, and many nurses and doctors have been trained in its practice. It is currently practiced in the UK in some NHS hospitals and hospices.
How can learning Reiki help me?
Reiki works on not just healing all aspects of you – physical, mental, emotional & spiritual but helping with your own growth, intuition & awareness. It has a beautifully calming and relaxing affect when you receive Reiki but also magically as you give Reiki to someone – its like a win win where both the person giving Reiki and the person receiving it, benefit. How amazing is that?.
My Reiki Journey
When I had a life changing accident, it was Reiki that gave me my health back and so much more. Then I discovered I could learn to do it for myself too, both to heal and get out of that stressed out feeling to find an inner calm, meditation & Reiki self-healing state of calm. Letting go of old ways of being of self-criticism, self-doubt and judgement can and does happen with Reiki. Any time you find yourself criticising, doubting or judging you can empower yourself & create that inner serenity within by using Reiki. That’s what it has done and continues to do for me & I would love teaching you how to do this too.
What will I learn?
• Learn how to use Reiki as a healing and personal growth system
• Understand the history of Reiki and how it has changed over time
• Perform Reiki sessions with the intention of addressing all areas of life
• Learn how to visualize the locations of the meridian and chakra energy systems in the body
• Guided through techniques to help you access your intuition
• Learn how to perform complete Reiki sessions on yourself and others
• Explore multiple methods for performing Reiki at a distance (Reiki 2 level)
• Heal unwanted patterns and learn how to manifest your goals (all levels)
• Practice using the Reiki symbols for power, release, transcending time/space and to connect with your insightful self (Reiki 2 level)
• Receive advanced techniques such as psychic surgery, meeting your Reiki Guides and accessing different levels of consciousness (Reiki Master level)
• You will learn and experience the benefits of regular meditation
Some benefits clients have experienced
• Healing calms and relaxes
• Healing focuses and re-energises
• Healing quietens the mind
• Healing balances the emotions
• Healing strengthens the spirit
• Healing draws out emotional pain
• Healing reduces swelling
• Healing reduces physical pain
• Healing accelerates physical healing
• Healing reduces blood pressure
• Healing changes negative behaviour and attracts positivity
• Healing heightens spiritual awareness
• Healing awakens and heightens the senses
• Healing raises self-confidence and esteem
• Healing enhances the effects of other therapies
• Healing promotes a greater ability to give and receive unconditional love
What is Animal Healing?
Animal healing is where a person gives healing to an animal. Just like us humans, animals can and do benefit by receiving healing on a regular basis even if they do not appear to have anything physically, emotionally or behaviourally “out of balance”.
How can learning Animal Healing help me?
Animal healing really helps improve your connection & relationship with your animal companions. It takes your connection with yours and other peoples animals to another level. It really develops your awareness and intuition regarding what’s going who with your furry (or non-furry) friends. Your ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally (telepathically) can really improve as you develop a deeper understanding of what they are saying to you.
What will I learn?
The animal healing is covered in two levels. To be able to attend the level 1 course will need to have either completed Reiki level one or be experienced in a form of hands on healing. The level 2 course can be taken after attending the level 1 course.
On the level 1 course you will learn
- Basic principles of animal healing including
- What animals to heal
- The chakras on all animals
- What ailments can be helped
- Use of the pendulum on animals
- Five sense awareness and beyond
- How to complete Case Studies
- Practical demonstrations
- Insurance and Legalities
Some benefits of learning Animal Healing
- Ability to help & support your animal companions when unwell
- Gain a deeper connection with your own & others animal companions
- Improve your verbal and nonverbal communication (telepathy) with animals
- Understand why your animals may be behaving a certain way
- Connect and have a deeper bond with all animals in a loving compassionate way
- Be able to practise animal healing professionally (and charge for it)
My Animal Healing journey
I first started learning to heal animals in 2002 when I had been attuned to Reiki 2 and wanted to practise. I volunteered at Woodgreen Animal Sanctuary and a local Cats Protection sanctuary and would visit and give healing every week to the dogs, cats, horses, goats, sheep, mice, rabbits – whatever animals were at the sanctuary. And the response was amazing. So much so that the Mangers asked if I could teach them which I started to do in 2005. And since then have trained over 100 people in Reiki and Animal Healing at the two sanctuaries.
I have been formally trained with three brilliant teachers, the world renowned animal healer – Margit Coates, the internally known Amelia Kinkade for animal communication, and locally with my Reiki Master. From this and my own hands on experience, I put together two one-day courses and stated teaching others Animal Healing in 2006. Working with animals and teaching animal healing to others has been not just a passion for me but has taught me so much about myself and “us humans”, it has been and invaluable part of my journey, called life.